Earn an Associate Degree in Business Administration in 15 months.
CNM Ingenuity at the STEMulus Center has partnered with CNM’s School of Business and Information Technology to offer a Fast Track Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Business Administration that you can earn in less than two years.
The program was designed and is taught by highly qualified faculty from the School of Business and Information Technology who also have a background working in the industry. This program was designed with working professionals in mind, whose days demand their time and attention to work, family and other obligations.
The classes in this program are offered in 7 week blocks: two blocks per term, and one 7 – 12 week summer block. This accelerated approach to achieving your degree is facilitated by taking classes in the evening, and online. Other than the accelerated format, what makes it possible to complete this program in 15 months is that faculty work as a team to integrate and teach the curriculum using the Competency Based Education approach.
- Registration is done for you each term and your classes are guaranteed to be provided each term.
- As part of the program, you receive a Windows computer laptop.
- E-books are provided.
- Dinner is provided before each face-to-face class session, from 5 – 5:30 pm.
- Centrally located parking is provided near the STEMulus center.
- Support and mentorship provided throughout the program from:
- Former students
- School Advisor
- School Achievement Coach
- CNM Job Connection Services
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- First Day of Class: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Learn how you can earn your Associate in Business Administration in just 15 months by attending an information session.
February 9, 2017, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Workforce Training Center
March 8, 2017, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Montoya Campus
April 13. 2017, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Main Campus
May 25, 2017, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. at STEMulus Center
- In-District and Out-of-District: $8,299
- Non-resident: $15,299
The cost covers:
- All program fees
- Windows laptop device
Fill out a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact a CNM Financial Aid advisor. We accept all forms of Federal and State financial aid, including Pell Grant and Student Loans. We also accept the following payment methods:
- VA Benefits
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement/Remission
- 3rd Party Pay
- Self Pay
- Payment Plans available
Admission and Applications Requirements
Applying to the BA Fast Track program is a three-tiered application process:
- Apply to CNM.
- Transcripts from any previous colleges that you may have attended should be submitted.
- Take the Accuplacer test for appropriate placement for college level courses.
- If you took the Accuplacer in within the past five years, these scores can be considered for accurate placement. If it has been longer than five years, or you have never taken the Accuplacer, or you wish to retake it for better scores, you can do so at the Assessment Center at any CNM campus.
- Be sure to thoroughly review the information on the STEMulus Center website, including the FAQs page, to learn about the BA Fast Track program.
- Apply to the BA Fast Track program: You must submit the online application along with a Participation Essay. This essay is used in part to determine eligibility for acceptance to the program. You should discuss your background, your current work experience and your goals – things that motivate you to be involved in this accelerated program.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration (AAS) is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business School Programs (ACBSP). This program is fully transferable to Eastern New Mexico University’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences online degree. It is also partially transferable to the University of New Mexico and New Mexico Highlands University. For more information about transfer options, contact Theresa Torres, school advisor for CNM’s School of Business & Information Technology.
Classes are held two nights a week from 5:30 p.m. to 8:20 p.m. and also include online work.
- Fall Cohort Nights: Tuesday and Thursday
- Spring Cohort Nights: Monday and Wednesday
Students in the program will take three (3) classes each block. There are seven 7-week blocks in the program.
ACCT 1109 – Business Math 3 credit hour(s)
ACCT 1115 – Introduction to Financial Accounting 3 credit hour(s)
ACCT 1210 – Introduction to Managerial Accounting 3 credit hour(s)
BA 1101 – Introduction to Business 3 credit hour(s)
BA 1105 – Introduction to Entrepreneurship 3 credit hour(s)
BA 1131 – Business Professionalism 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2100 – Global Business 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2133 – Principles of Management 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2222 – Principles of Marketing 3 credit hour(3)
BA 2230 – Customer Relations 3 credit hour (s)
BA 2234 – Organizational Behavior 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2238 – Human Resources Management 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2240 – Business Law 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2281 – Business Ethics 3 credit hour(s)
BA 2999 – Capstone 1 credit hour(s)
ECON 2200 – Macroeconomics 3 credit hour(s)
ENG 1101 – College Writing 3 credit hour(s)
ENG 1119 – Technical Writing 3 credit hour(s)
IT 1010 – Computer Concepts and Software Applications 3 credit hour(s)
MATH 1210 – Problem Solving 4 credit hour(s)
PSY 1105 – Introduction to Psychology 3 credit hour(s)
If you have questions about the sequence of courses or meeting prerequisites, please contact Theresa Torres, School Advisor.
Location of Classes
20 First Plaza Center NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102 (map)