Just 12 weeks to a new, lucrative career as a Java, Android or Salesforce Programmer
Deep Dive Java + Android + Salesforce is a 12-week (40+ hours per week) software development bootcamp taught at the CNM STEMulus Center in downtown Albuquerque. You’ll learn the fundamentals of Java, Android and Salesforce development to build modern, in-demand software that runs on and integrates multiple platforms. Graduate with truly marketable, high-income skills.
Software developers are in demand everywhere, including here in Albuquerque where the unemployment rate for developers is just 1.9%. Jobs requiring coding skills pay an average of $22,000 per year more than jobs that don’t.
Deep Dive Java + Android + Salesforce will help you jumpstart your new, lucrative career as a software developer. Average salaries in Albuquerque are $86K, $79K and $88K respectively.
“I’ve been recruiting in the New Mexico market for Robert Half Technology for the last 17 years and the demand we are seeing nationally and locally for Java developers is at an all-time high and we expect that to continue.”
Renay Moya, Sr. Vice President, New Mexico Technology Market
June 2017 Bootcamp – Space Still Available!
- Dates: June 12 – September 1
- Application Deadline: May 12
- Class Schedule: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
September 2017 Bootcamp – Space Still Available!
- Dates: September 25 – December 15
- Application Deadline: August 25
We’ll teach you languages, tools, and protocols you’ll use in the bootcamp and as a Java, Android or Salesforce software developer in the real world:
- Git & GitHub
- Maven, Ant, & Gradle
- SQL, JDBC, and Java DB
- Android SDK
- SOAP and REST web services
- Force.com & Apex
You’ll become proficient with tools and techniques for programming, debugging, testing, collaboration, and version control, while you build skills in Agile software development, test-driven development, and other practices and methodologies used by today’s best software shops.
Regular guest speakers will include amazing developers, entrepreneurs, and other leaders in the tech community.
Introduction and Discovery (Weeks 1-3)
- Learn to use a suite of development tools.
- Learn programming concepts through Java syntax and structure.
- Understand and implement fundamental algorithms.
- Learn and apply object-oriented and functional techniques.
- Use the Javadoc tool and code comments to generate API documentation.
- Leverage JUnit to write reliable, verifiable code.
- Implement relational data models in SQL databases, and integrate them into your Java code with JDBC.
- Learn the basics of dependency management and build automation with Maven, Ant, and Gradle.
- Use Java’s concurrency features to take advantage of multiprocessing environments.
- Learn the basics of Swing and JavaFX to build portable GUI applications.
- Acquire the disciplines and habits of computational thinking and intensive daily coding.
- Exercise and expand your skills through exploratory development of your own projects.
- Form teams for your capstone project.
Extended Platforms and Environments (Weeks 4-6)
- Explore other JVM-hosted languages, including Groovy and Scala.
- Build a mobile app with the Android SDK.
- Use Java Enterprise Edition to build and consume SOAP and REST web services.
- Use Apex to build Salesforce-hosted modules and services.
- Reinforce your practices and knowledge base through team and individual projects.
- Design and begin building your team capstone project.
- Begin implementing your personal development project.
Execution and Deployment (Weeks 7-12)
Immerse yourself in your team capstone project.
- Create clean, functional, verified, and documented code.
- Build out your personal and digital brands.
- Demonstrate your team capstone projects to employers, staffing agencies and others in the tech community.
- Complete your personal development project.
- Complete resume and mock interviews.
- Graduate and find a job or begin working on freelance development projects.
Why You Should Learn Java, Android, and Salesforce
For years Java has ranked at the top of industry-wide rankings of programming languages, in terms of usage, popularity, and employer demand. The “write once, run everywhere” philosophy of Java, combined with its extensive ecosystem of standard and third-party tools and libraries, has made it an indispensable tool for cross-platform applications and multi-tier enterprise development.
Android is by far the world’s most popular phone operating system, with nearly two billion devices in use worldwide and an 88% market share. Java is the foundational programming language of Android.
Salesforce, a cloud-based software provider, is growing dramatically, with over 150,000 customers and nearly four million subscribers. Service components include robust Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, Analytics and other modules. Businesses locally and nationally are seeking out developers to work in this Java-based system.
Salesforce is one of the most popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems in the world. Over the next five years the field is expected to grow by 25 percent or more.
- $8,995 for New Mexico applicants
- $9,995 for out-of-state applicants
*price subject to change
Financial assistance available: The Deep Dive Java + Android + Salesforce Bootcamp is a non-credit program that is not eligible for financial aid, but many Albuquerque residents qualify for Access Funds that can pay for the full cost of tuition.
TechHire New Mexico, is a new program that provides training, work experience, and job placement for IT job seekers in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance, and Valencia counties. The goal is to quickly advance program graduates into well-paying, high-skilled, high-growth jobs. Financial Assistance for Deep Dive Coding Bootcamps may be available through NM TechHire. Learn more about the TechHire New Mexico program and find out if you are eligible to participate! Contact a TechHire Career Development Specialists at (505) 843-1973.
Reserve Your Seat Now: A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required prior to the application deadline in order to reserve your seat. The remaining course fees must be paid in full by the application deadline.
The University Village Hotel has special prices on lodging for Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp students who are attending from out-of-town.
20 First Plaza Center NW, Suite 200, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (map)