Access Funds Available to Eligible Participants
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has awarded the CNM STEMulus Center funds to improve the economic security of eligible individuals in Bernalillo County by providing training and support in obtaining high quality STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) related jobs. Please note, these funds may be taxable.
- Eligible individuals may receive up to the entire course fee amount.
- Eligible individuals may receive childcare reimbursement funds up to $1,000 per month, per child, during the training program (must be through a licensed daycare provider).
You must be a Bernalillo County resident, and your total household income must be 200% of poverty or less (see table below). At least one of the following requirements must also be met:
- Be a parent of a child age 8 or under.
- Be a person of color.
Special consideration may also be given if you:
- Live in the South Valley.
- Live in the International District.
- Are a single mother of children under 18.
Even if you meet the eligibility requirements, funds are limited and therefore eligibility does not guarantee that you will be awarded funds. If you are approved to receive Access Funds, they cannot be transferred to another person, nor another class date. You can only receive funds to attend one program, and you cannot transfer to another class once you are registered.
2015 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia
|People in Family/ Household||200% of Poverty Level|
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,320 for each additional person.