Earn an Associate's Degree in Business Administration in 15 months.
The STEMulus Center has partnered with CNM's School of Business and Information Technology to offer this Fast Track Associate's Degree in Business Administration that you can earn in less than two years.
The program is taught by highly qualified instructors with a background working in the industry. The fast track format was designed by full-time faculty who will work as a team to integrate and teach the curriculum using the Competency Based Education approach.
- Dinner will be provided each Tuesday and Thursday night.
- As part of the program, you’ll receive an iPad that will contain all of the textbooks and instructional materials needed for each course.
- Enjoy the state of the art classrooms at the STEMulus Center.
- You’ll be paired with a faculty mentor throughout the program.
Prior to being accepted into the Fast Track Business Administration program, you’ll need to complete one of the following:
- Take the free Accuplacer exam at CNM (Accuplacer scores cannot be more than five years old).
- Submit official ACT or SAT scores (no more than five years old) to CNM’s Enrollment Services.
- Submit official transcripts for previous college or university coursework to CNM’s Records Office.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business School Programs (ACBSP). This program is fully transferable to Eastern New Mexico University’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences online degree.
For more information, contact Theresa Torres, school advisor for CNM’s School of Business & Information Technology.
Contact CNM’s Job Connection Services for Gainful Employment information related to the Fast Track Associate’s Degree program.
Fall 2014 Start Date: Thursday, October 16
Classes are offered in 7 ½ week blocks (three classes per block) on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (with additional online course work).
- Fall 2014: September 24th, 2014 at 5 pm
- Spring 2015: February 18th, 2015 at 5pm
Tuesday: 5:30 p.m. to 8:50 p.m.
Thursday: 5:30 p.m. to 8:50 p.m.
Recommended Block Sequence
You will be able to take a total of 3 classes each block.
You’ll need to submit an application and complete the follow requirements with a C or higher, show that you’ve successfully completed equivalent coursework at another accredited college / university, or take the appropriate challenge exam before you’ll be admitted into the program.
Prior to being accepted into the Fast Track program, you’ll need to complete the following (cost for these are not included in the cost of tuition):
- Application Form
- Participation Essay (included in application form)
- AAS Mathematics Requirement
- BA 1121 - Business English 3 credit hour(s)
- IT 1010 - Introduction to Computers 3 credit hour(s)
These courses can be taken at CNM.
- ACCT 1109 - Business Math 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 1101 - Introduction to Business 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 1131 - Business Professionalism 3 credit hour(s)
- ACCT 1111 - Accounting IA 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 1133 - Principles of Management 3 credit hour(s)
- ENG 1101 - College Writing 3 credit hour(s)
- ACCT 1112 - Accounting IB 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2222 - Principles of Marketing 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2240 - Business Law 3 credit hour(s)
- ACCT 1210 - Accounting II 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2281 - Ethics in Business 3 credit hour(s)
- COMM 2221 - Interpersonal Communication Studies 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2226 - Sales 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2232 - Supervision 3 credit hour(s)
- ENG 1119 - Technical Communications 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2230 - Customer Relations 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2234 - Organizational Behavior 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2999 - Capstone Course 1 credit hour(s)
- ECON 2200 - Macroeconomics 3 credit hour(s)
Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration: 64 credit hour(s)
The cost covers:
- Program fees
- iPad (which will belong to you)
- Electronic textbooks and access codes
- Dinner on Tuesday and Thursday nights
If you are a CNM student, you can use financial aid to pay for the Fast Track Business Administration program. Fill out a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact a CNM Financial Aid advisor.
20 1st Plaza Center NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102