Earn an Associate's Degree in Business Administration in 15 months.
The STEMulus Center has partnered with CNM's School of Business and Information Technology to offer this Fast Track Associate's Degree in Business Administration that you can earn in less than two years.
The program is taught by highly qualified faculty from CNM’s School of Business and Information Technology with a background working in the industry. The fast track format was designed by full-time faculty who will work as a team to integrate and teach the curriculum using the Competency Based Education approach.
This program is designed for the working professional in mind who’s days demand their time and attention to work, family and other obligations. The classes in this program are offered in 7 week blocks: two blocks per term, and one 7 week summer block. This accelerated approach to achieving your degree is facilitated by taking classes in the evening, and online.
- Dinner will be provided before each class session.
- As part of the program, you’ll receive a Windows computer laptop.
- Faculty mentorship throughout the program.
Applying to the BA Fast Track program is a three-tiered application process:
- Apply to CNM.
- ACTS/SAT Scores should be submitted if you took them.
- Transcripts from any previous colleges that you may have attended should be submitted.
- If you don’t have ACT/SAT scores, or previous college credit, it’s okay! You can take the Accuplacer test for appropriate college placement. See #2.
- Take the Accuplacer test for appropriate placement for college level courses.
- If you took the Accuplacer in within five years, these scores can be considered for accurate placement. If you have not taken the Accuplacer, or wish to repeat it for better scores, you can do so at the Assessment Center.
- Be sure to review the information on the STEMulus Center website to learn about the BA Fast Track program.
- Apply to the BA Fast Track program.
- You must submit the online application along with a Participation Essay. This essay is used in part to determine eligibility for acceptance to the program. You should discuss your background, your current work experience and your goals – things that motivate you to be involved in this fast-track program.
Please join us for an “Info Session” to learn about the Business Administration Fast Track Degree! Please note the various locations for your convenience for each Info Session.
Please RSVP only for STEMulus Center location Info Sessions – we need this in order to issue you parking. RSVP Andrés Armijo at email@example.com. There is plenty of parking at Smith Brasher Hall, and no RSVP is required for Info Sessions taking place there.
- Tuesday, September 22 – Smith Brasher Hall (SB) 104 on CNM’s Main Campus – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 14 – STEMulus Center, Suite 25A, downstairs in the Galeria. 20 First Plaza NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27 – Smith Brasher Hall (SB) 104 on CNM’s Main Campus 5 p.m.– 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 11 – STEMulus Center, Suite 25A, downstairs in the Galeria. 20 First Plaza NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 17 – Smith Brasher Hall (SB) 104 on CNM’s Main Campus 5 p.m.– 6 p.m.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration (AAS) is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business School Programs (ACBSP). This program is fully transferable to Eastern New Mexico University’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences online degree. For more information, contact Theresa Torres, school advisor for CNM’s School of Business & Information Technology.
Contact CNM’s Job Connection Services for Gainful Employment information related to the Fast Track Associate’s Degree program.
- Spring 2016 Start Date: Wednesday, January 20
Classes are offered in 7 week blocks (three classes per block) two evenings a week (with additional online course work), and one online course.
- Spring 2016: December 1 at 5:00 p.m.
Classes are held two nights a week from 5:30 p.m. to 8:20 p.m. and also include online work.
- Fall Cohort Nights: Tuesday and Thursday
- Spring Cohort Nights: Monday and Wednesday
Students in the program will take three (3) classes each block. There are seven 7-week blocks in the program.
Spring 2016 Cohort
With the exception of the capstone course (which is 1 credit hour), all the program courses are 3 credit hours.
Block 1 – 1st 7 Weeks (Spring 2016)
- BA 1121 – Business English
- MATH 1210
- IT 1010
Block 2 – 2nd 7 Weeks (Spring 2016)
- BA 1131 - Business Professionalism 3 credit hour(s)
- ACCT 1109 - Business Math 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 1101 - Introduction to Business 3 credit hour(s)
Block 3 (Summer 2016)
- ENG 1101 - College Writing 3 credit hour(s)
- ACCT 1111 - Accounting IA 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2100 – Global Business 3 credit hour(s)
Block 4 – 1st 7 Weeks (Fall 2016)
- ACCT 1112 - Accounting IB 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2133 – Principles of Management
- BA 2222 - Principles of Marketing 3 credit hour(s)
Block 5 – 2nd 7 Weeks (Fall 2016)
- ACCT 1210 - Accounting II 3 credit hour(s)
- COMM 2221 - Interpersonal Communication Studies 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2240 - Business Law 3 credit hour(s)
Block 6 – 1st 7 Weeks (Spring 2017)
- BA 2238 – HR Management 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2281 - Ethics in Business 3 credit hour(s)
- ENG 1119 - Technical Communications 3 credit hour(s)
Block 7 – 2nd 7 Weeks (Spring 2017)
- BA Fast Track Programming
- ECON 2200 - Macroeconomics 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2230 Customer Relations 3 credit hour(s)
- BA 2999 - Capstone Course 1 credit hour(s)
Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration: 61 credit hour(s)
In-District and Out-of-District: $7,799
For Non-Resident program cost, please contact us.
The cost covers:
- Program fees, student fees, registration fee
- Windows laptop device
- Electronic textbooks and access codes
If you are a CNM student, you can use financial aid to pay for the Fast Track Business Administration program. Fill out a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact a CNM Financial Aid advisor.
20 First Plaza Center NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102